The Calhoun School has the following coaching openings for the 2017-2018 athletics seasons:
Spring Season 2018
- Girls Varsity Softball Coach
- Boys/Girls Volleyball Coach
Calhoun is a vibrant, progressive independent school on Manhattan’s Upper West Side with a mission to inspire a passion for learning that values intellectual pursuit, creativity, diversity and community involvement. The school seeks to recruit, hire and support a diverse staff that represents the rich portraiture that characterizes the population of New York.
The Athletic Department at the Calhoun School believes in the power of teaching life skills through sport and seeks to recruit coaches who share a similar passion. Calhoun is committed to addressing issues of social justice, diversity, equity, and anti-bias education in our curriculum and in our community. Coaches must be willing learners and participants in supporting this work.
Required experience and skills:
- Prior coaching experience;
- Ability to engage effectively and positively with colleagues, students, and parents;
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid certification preferred;
- Current coaching certifications preferred;
- Leadership development and/or sports psychology experience preferred;
- Experience in a progressive learning environment preferred.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Sabrina Spiegel Zurkuhlen.