The Calhoun School seeks an experienced, detail-oriented and efficient development professional to serve as a full-time Database Coordinator.
Calhoun is a vibrant, progressive independent school on Manhattan's Upper West Side with a mission to inspire a passion for learning that values intellectual pursuit, creativity, diversity and community involvement. The school seeks to recruit, hire and support a diverse staff that represents the rich portraiture that characterizes the population of New York.
The Database Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the Development Office Raiser’s Edge database. They are exceedingly detailed-oriented and meticulous in providing clean and accurate data reports. They are charged with accurately processing and acknowledging all gifts and supporting the Development team’s data importing, exporting and reporting needs. They will ensure that records are well-maintained and up-to-date, and will collaborate with Development program managers and directors to identify ways that they can most effectively use the database to support their roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, especially Excel
- Prior Development experience
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently see tasks through completion
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel and work early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Track record of demonstrating initiative
- Experience in an independent school setting
- Experience with progressive education
- Strong proficiency with The Raiser’s Edge
- Creativity in problem solving
- Experience or training in fundraising software, auction databases and online marketing platforms
- Manage information contained in the donor database. Document best practices and create rules for data entry. Educate the Development team and other staff on Raiser’s Edge and other fundraising applications.
- Collaborate with the Development Associate on gift processing. Ensure that donors are acknowledged using timely, effective, and consistent methods.
- Support managers and directors of various Development Office programs (Annual Fund, Alumni Relations, Major Gifts and Special Events) to provide accurate and properly formatted data reports, analyze data, and manage event data.
- Ensure that pledges are accurately recorded. Send out timely pledge payment reminder letters and emails.
- Create new records, record constituent Actions, and enter Prospect briefings and research.
- Assist with the production of the Annual Giving Report.
- During Benefit season, support the Special Events Team by managing online event sales and processing all monetary gifts to the event, including but not limited to Corporate Sponsorships, Tickets, Underwriting and Auction purchases. Oversee the Benefit database, migrate the data to Raisers Edge and produce weekly reports for the Associate Director of Development during the Benefit season.
- Create and maintain Calhoun’s Giving and Benefit webpages in Greater Giving
- Perform periodic maintenance to ensure that data is up-to-date, accurate and de-duplicated.
- Create mailing and emailing lists for all programmatic needs.
- Extract data for cultivation, stewardship, solicitation campaigns and events.
- Develop accurate reconciliation procedures with Finance Department and create required reports in a timely fashion.
- Work with other departments to ensure coordination with all school-wide database activities.
Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Development.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Position may require travel within the United States either by car or plane depending on the location.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Time management – ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Strong team player
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2-year span
- Commitment to progressive education values.
To apply, please submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Three references