Green Roof Design
Green roof type
- Semi-intensive (grass with planting beds)
- Total Size of "green roof" (including paver area, sedum area and grass area) : +/- 2,500 sf
- The 'Turf System' –"Grass" roof area= 1200 Sq. Ft. The '6" System'-Sedum roof area 200 Sq. Ft. Rubber pavers surround the grass. Planter Boxes
- Roof Accessibility: Accessible, ADA: (2) ramped walkways have been positioned running North/South along each side of the Turf System.
Green Roof System Details
- System designed around the 50 pounds per square foot (psf) load requirement, a 10-inch deep green roof, with 5 inches of lightweight granular drainage media and 5 inches of light-weight.
- The drainage media is 100% mineral and the growth media is greater than 92% organic. This is to provide a durable and structurally stable substrate for the turf.
- Green Roof System: Roofscapes Inc.
- Roof Membrane type: Fluid applied membrane
- Insulation: rigid insulation and isocyanurate board
- Growing medium depth (inches): 10 Inches for grass
- Original Plant selection: Assorted Grasses, Sedum Album, Sedum Spurium alba Whiteform, Sedum Spurium Fuldagluu, Sedum Cauticolar, Lidakense, Sedum Sexangulare, Allium Schoenprasm, Petrorhagia Saxifraga. (New plants have been added and substituted)
- Planting method: Grown in place
- Drains : 4 roof drains in grass area
- Irrigation System: Drip Irrigation
- Accessories: Inset planting beds
- Weekly mowing, irrigation, occasional weeding and fertilizing; extra watering based on extreme weather conditions
- Warranty -- 20 years from Carlisle
Original Project Team
- Architect: FX Fowle Architects (formerly Fox & Fowle Architects)
- Structural Engineer: Anastos Engineering
- Construction Mgr.: Sciame
- Green Roof Consultant: Roofmeadow (aka Roofscapes Inc.
- Green Roof System: Mfr Carlisle
- Roof Membrane: MfrBig Carlisle
- Growing Medium Mfr: Big River Industries
- Growing Medium Distributor: Town and Gardens
- Accessory Supplier Stabilized Grass Roof: The Motz Group