Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
Calhoun CSA is a vegetable co-op venture in partnership with Paisley Farm, an upstate farmer in Tivoli, NY.
Calhoun’s CSA was started in the fall of 2009 by the Parents Association, inspired by the school’s Eat Right Now lunch program. Each season since, we have had a thriving group of members participating in the Calhoun CSA and reaping the benefits of farm to table food.
Fall 2019 CSA Season Begins Sept. 11, 2019
The Calhoun CSA Program entitles each member to a weekly share of assorted seasonal vegetables for a minimum of 10 weeks. The cost is $360. (Additional weeks are contingent upon weather conditions and growing season.)
- Each member of the Calhoun CSA is responsible for picking up his/her produce.
- Pick-up is on Wednesday between 3-6pm in the Calhoun Commons. Please make sure to bring a large bag.
- If you are unable to arrive by 6pm, shares can be packed and placed at reception for pick-up before 8pm, but only if the CSA team is notified by 4pm on the day of pick-up.
- Shares that are not picked up are donated to the Calhoun food program.
- Each member of the Calhoun CSA is asked to volunteer a minimum of one shift during the season. Members are asked to do a variety of jobs when volunteering including set up, distributing produce and clean up.
- Weekly Newsletters highlight a vegetable from our share with tips on food storage and recipes!
- Faculty & Staff memberships are available for a discounted fee.
To Join: For information about next year’s program, contact CSA committee co-chairs Doris Cassar and Denise Henning at email@example.com.
Learn More About Our Partner: Paisley Farm
Paisley Farm is owned and run by Mike Kokas and Jan Greer in Tivoli, NY. The 25-acre farm is located in Columbia County near the Hudson River, just north of Rhinebeck. Mike and Jan manage their fields using organic methods. The vegetables are fresh and flavorful.
Our weekly share includes a wide variety of vegetables like tomatoes, kale, squash, eggplant, corn, potatoes, radishes, green beans and peppers. Becoming a member of the Calhoun CSA will provide you with an abundant array of farm-fresh produce each week and an opportunity to connect with our wonderful parent community.