Investing in your child's future.
Thank you for considering The Calhoun School for your child's education. For most of our families, investing in an independent school education is a significant choice that requires careful planning. As you learn more about Calhoun, you'll meet students and graduates who are confident, creative thinkers, well-prepared for the challenges ahead of them. A Calhoun education is an investment in the lives of young people who are well-equipped to make a transformative impact on the world around them.
Calhoun believes that economic diversity enriches the educational experiences of all our students. We look forward to working with you to determine the best path forward for your child's future.
Tuition & Fees, 2018-19
- 3's (half-day): $25,310
- 3's (full-day): $28,200
- 4's: $35,970
- Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd Grades: $48,780
- 3rd–12th Grades: $50,700
- Parents Association dues, $100 per family
In order to make education more affordable to families, Calhoun has a strong commitment to providing need-based tuition assistance for Kindergarten through 12th grade students. While we strive to meet our families' financial needs, we are unable to provide assistance for all eligible families.
Read more about Tuition Assistance and how to apply.
Payment Plan Options
Families may pay tuition and fees in one of three ways:
- One-Payment Plan: Tuition is due in full on June 1.
- 50/50 Plan: Tuition is paid in two installments: 50 percent by June 1 and the other 50 percent by January 1. There is an administration fee of $200 for this plan, which is waived with direct debit.
- 10-Month Payment Plan: Tuition is due each month beginning on May 1, with the final installment due February 1. There is an administration fee of $200 for this plan, which is waived with direct debit.
For all three plans, parents may opt for a direct debit option. For more information about payment please contact Andrew Hume, Director of Enrollment, 212-497-6511.