Submit a Senior Work Internship Opportunity
Thank you for considering a Calhoun student for one of your company's internship opportunities!
Senior Work is a 5-1/2-week, individualized, place-based learning experience for 12th graders, completed during the last mod (term) of the school year (May-June). We are seeking site partners who are subject matter experts in their field and who are willing to engage as mentors to our students.
The 2018 Internship Program will run from April 30-June 6.
Senior Work Internship Requirements
- One-on-one mentoring that allows the student to grow his/her interpersonal skills plus connect with a leader in the field
- Meaningful engagement that introduces a student to your industry
- Introduction to the long term plans, short term strategies, and opportunities and challenges that shape your sector
- Projects that allow students to contribute to the small functions that support your shop's big goals
- Final assessment of your intern's growth and contributions
If you have additional questions about Senior Work, please contact Lavern McDonald, Associate Director of the Upper School, 212-497-6517.