3's-2nd Grade Classes
Classes take place at Calhoun's Robert L. Beir Lower School building at 160 West 74th.
A wide range of activities and classes are offered each semester, including beginner chess, dance, art, basketball, cooking, sports, Spanish, science, jewelry making, and Kids Club (which offers a variety of activities). Class schedules and offerings change each semester, though many favorites continue. ASP 74 classes are only open to Calhoun students, 3's-2nd grade.
Semesters, Class Times and Vacation Days
Semesters are 12-17 weeks long. Classes run from 2:30pm-4:30pm or 2:30pm-6pm. There are NO ASP classes on holidays, vacation days or half-days when when Calhoun is closed.
Check the online Calendar for dates when school is closed.
All 2:30pm-4:30pm classes are $475; all 2:30pm-6pm classes are $650 (material fees and registration fee included). Families receiving financial aid will be granted a percentage discount based on the percentage discount reflected in the financial aid award; for more information, please contact Michelle Raum, 212-497-6550.
Enrolling for Classes
Full payment is due with registration and may be made by credit card (online only), check, cash or money order.
ASP74 Drop-In Service
Parents may take advantage of our ASP "drop-in service"—which allows you to get emergency coverage or late pick-up for your child at the end of the school day for a nominal fee. This service is available whether or not your child is registered for ASP classes.
Drop-In Service can be arranged on the day that it is needed by calling Michelle Raum in the Lower School — Early Childhood office, 212-497-6550.
Drop-in students must be signed out by the person picking them up.
Due to all-faculty meetings, there is no drop-in service on Wednesdays.
ASP74 Drop-In Fees
2:30pm-4:30pm $48 per day
2:30pm-6pm $65 per day
4:30pm-6pm $17 per day extended care
Guidelines for Registration & Online Payment
- If any scheduling problems should arise, we will be sure to contact you.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Students are not guaranteed their space in class until a registration form has been submitted.
- Full payment must accompany the online registration.
- Full refunds will only be guaranteed if the class is canceled or if a student withdraws before the start of the semester.
- Partial refunds will be granted up to the third class of the semester.
- No refunds will be given after the third class.
- ASP reserves the right to cancel class due to insufficient enrollment.
- ASP reserves the right to limit class sizes.
Full refunds/credits are given only when a class is canceled or a student withdraws before the start of a class. Refunds/credits are not given for classes missed as a result of illness, conflicts in a student's schedule, or reasons beyond the school's control.
Parents are required, by law, to submit completed, up-to-date medical forms for each child enrolled. Forms on file at school are acceptable.