Calhoun Virtual Volleyball Camp
This camp will be run by our Director of Athletics and Varsity Volleyball Coach, Sabrina Zurkuhlen, in partnership with:
Raven Scott - Coach Raven brings a wealth of knowledge and practice to discussions of leadership and to coaching volleyball. Raven is a former collegiate volleyball player who has since spent years coaching at both the club and collegiate level. Most recently, Raven directed a volleyball club for over 150 girls in Jackson, MI, while also running her own business combining volleyball and leadership development, The Training Ground. Raven is currently the Assistant Director of Programming for Leadership and Character in the College at Wake Forest University.
Tiareh Cruz '13 - Coach T is an esteemed Calhoun alumna and collegiate volleyball player who holds an MS in Sports Psychology. Coach T currently lives in Los Angeles, CA, and coaches high school and club level volleyball in one of the highest ranked districts in the country. Tiareh also coaches fitness and Crossfit classes in the LA area.
Please Note: We reserve the right to discontinue a camp due to insufficient enrollment or extraordinary circumstances.
Dates: June 29-July 3, 2020
Campers: Students entering 7th- 11th grades in 2020
Enrollment: Limited to 18 campers in 7th-9th grade and 14 campers in 10th -12th grade
Sample Day Schedule:
- Morning Meeting - Introduce Daily Theme
- Strength and Conditioning Session - Volleyball Specific Training
- Volleyball Chalk Talk: these sessions will include conversations and presentations on: volleyball systems, rotations, how to "read" the game, positional specific content, and more. All content is designed to increase game IQ.
- Sports Psychology and Leadership Class
- 1-on-1 and small group mentoring & goal setting session
- Afternoon Meeting