Townhouse & Non-Divisional 81st Street Employees
Gateway COVID-19 Testing
Employees who have not submitted a gateway test following winter break are required to submit an independent COVID-19 test. See details on off-campus testing
When is gateway testing for Townhouse and non-divisional 81st Street employees?
If you are a non-remote employee, are two ways to complete your gateway testing:
Calhoun will offer an opportunity to complete saliva gateway testing on campus, at 81st Street, on Thursday, January 7.
You may obtain a test on your own so long as the test is administered on or after Wednesday, January 6 and submitted to Calhoun by 5pm on Sunday, January 10. You can search for NYS testing locations by zip code here.
Calhoun’s surveillance saliva testing may not be used to test out of any kind of quarantine—whether imposed by the Department of Health in response to an exposure, or to end a post-travel quarantine under NYS travel regulations.
Thank you in advance for your support of Calhoun and our commitment to creating a healthy and safe experience for our students, faculty, staff and administrators.
Gateway Testing FAQs
Week of January 4
- Remote working
Wednesday, January 6
- Earliest acceptable date for an independent test
Thursday, January 7
- Saliva testing available at Calhoun for students and employees
- 8:30am to 1pm at 81st Street
- Test kits will be distributed upon arrival and samples will completed on campus
- Please do not eat, drink, smoke or brush your teeth 30 minutes prior or use mouthwash two hours before to the test
- To reduce the number of people in the building we ask that only those testing come on campus
- Testing should take less than 10 minutes
Sunday, January 10
- Independent gateway tests results due by 5pm to email@example.com (if applicable)
Monday, January 11
- Employees return for all who passed through gateway testing
- Kits sent home for Jan. 12 testing
Tuesday, January 12
- Saliva testing for non-divisional 81st and townhouse employees