Upper School Cohort A Gateway COVID-19 Testing
Students who have not submitted a gateway test following winter break are required to submit an independent COVID-19 test. See details on off-campus testing
When is gateway testing for all US Cohort A students and employees?
There are two ways to complete your gateway testing:
- Calhoun will offer an opportunity to complete saliva gateway testing on campus, at 81st Street, on Thursday, January 7.
- You may obtain a test on your own so long as the test is administered on or after Wednesday, January 6 and submitted to Calhoun at email@example.com by 5pm on Sunday, January 10. You can search for NYS testing locations by zip code here.
- Calhoun’s surveillance saliva testing may not be used to test out of any kind of quarantine—whether imposed by the Department of Health in response to an exposure, or to end a post-travel quarantine under NYS travel regulations.
- Teachers and students may need to adjust their participation in remote classes on Thursday, January 7 in order to participate in testing. Learning will be as asynchronous as possible on this day in order to accommodate this.
Thank you in advance for your support of Calhoun and our commitment to creating a healthy and safe experience for our students, faculty, staff and administrators.
Gateway Testing FAQs for 3rd-12th Grade
Week of January 4
- Remote learning for LS-E, MS and US
Wednesday, January 6
- Earliest acceptable date for an independent test
Thursday, January 7
- Saliva testing conducted at Calhoun for students and employees
- 8:30am to 1pm at 81st Street
- Test kits will be distributed upon arrival and samples will completed on campus
- Please do not eat, drink or brush your teeth 30 minutes prior or use mouthwash two hours before the test
- To reduce the number of people on campus, we ask that only students, faculty and staff come into the building
- Testing should take less than 10 minutes
Sunday, January 10
- Independent test results due by 5pm to firstname.lastname@example.org (if applicable)
Monday, January 11
- In-person learning begins for Cohort A
Tuesday, January 12
- In-person learning for Cohort A
- Kits distributed upon arrival to be returned on Jan. 21
Wednesday, January 13-Wednesday January 20
- Remote learning
Thursday, January 21
- Start of in-person testing cycle
- Saliva sample must be completed prior to arriving on campus and submitted before 11:45am