Head of School search
The Board of Trustees is currently leading a search for The Calhoun School's next Head of School to begin in the 2024-2025 academic year. As Calhoun looks for its next leader, this page will serve as a resource for information on the search for and transition to a new Head of School, and will include updates on the Search Committee's process and progress.
- Who is leading the search for Calhoun’s next Head of School?
- How was the Search Committee chosen, and what is their role?
- Who is the search firm and what is their role in the search?
- How will the community at large be involved in the search process?
- How will candidates be evaluated?
- Who should I contact if I have questions about the search process?
Search Committee Members
Kern Schireson, Co-Chair, Trustee, Parent of 8th Grader
John Wang, Co-Chair, Trustee, Parent of 3rd and 7th Grader
Karen Greene, Trustee, Parent of 11th Grader
Margaret Spencer, Trustee, Parent of 7th Grader
Ken Vidal, Trustee, Parent of 11th Grader and Class of 2022 Alum
Zoe Vlachos, MMS Trustee, MMS Alum and Parent of 6th Grader
Danny Isquith, Upper School Director
Mary McCarty, Director of Development
Alba Polsley, Middle School Teacher, Parent of 7th Grader
Isabel Oyola, Lower School Teacher, Parent of Preschooler
- May: Search consultants visit campus to speak with multiple stakeholders. Survey sent to community for additional feedback.
- Early summer: Search Profile posted and publicized.
- Late summer: Search Committee reviews applications, selects and interviews semifinalists, and selects finalists to interview.
- Fall: Final candidates will visit Calhoun to meet with members of the community, with the goal to announce Calhoun's new Head of School in the fall.